Removing a beer faucet from a shank can be challenging, but it is possible with the right tools and a little know-how. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps needed to remove a beer faucet from a shank. With these instructions, from experts, you’ll be able to remove your beer faucet with ease.
How To Remove Beer Faucet From Shank
Tools You Will Need To Remove Beer Faucet From Shank
If you plan on removing your beer faucet from the shank, you will need a few tools to make the process easier.
- A wrench will be necessary to loosen the nuts that hold the beer faucet.
- You will also need a screwdriver to remove the set screws that hold the handle.
- Finally, a small hammer removes the faucet free from the shank gently.
With these tools in hand, you will be able to remove your beer faucet with ease.
Things To Keep In Mind To Remove Beer Faucet From Shank
When removing your beer faucet from the shank, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
- First, make sure you have the proper tools for the job. You’ll need a wrench or pliers to remove the beer tap faucet.
- Next, it’s essential to be gentle when removing the beer faucet. You don’t want to damage the shank in the process.
- Finally, clean the shank thoroughly before reattaching the beer faucet. By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to remove your beer faucet with ease.
Process To Remove Beer Faucet From Shank
Step 1. Use a hex key to remove the screw that attaches the beer faucet to the shank.
Expert Tip: Removing a screw with a hex key is pretty simple. Just insert the hex key into the head of the screw and then turn it counterclockwise until the screw comes loose.
Step 2. Unscrew the collar from the top of the beer tap faucet. To remove the collar from the top of the beer faucet, grasp it with your fingers and twist it counterclockwise until it comes loose.
Step 3. Pull the beer faucet up and off the shank.
Step 4. If a washer is attached to the bottom of the beer tap faucet, remove it.
Step 5. Clean the shank and collar, then reattach the collar to the shank.
Step 6. Screw the beer tap faucet back onto the shank, using the hex key to tighten the screw. And you are done!
If you need help removing your beer faucet from the shank, visit us at Ellerslie Liquor Centre. We can help you properly remove and clean your beer faucet, which is good as new.
At Ellerslie Liquor Center, one of the best nz beer brands, we also offer a flow control beer faucet. So, say goodbye to spilt beers.